Welcome to Her Centre.... Empowering women to move forward with their lives.
Established in 1997, Her Centre is a woman-led charity which supports over 1000 women a year who live, study or work in Greenwich. We offer free and confidential advocacy, counselling, outreach, advice and training in the following areas:
- domestic abuse & violence
- rape & sexual abuse
- young women’s relationship abuse
- legal issues
- language skills
- immigration (signposting to specialists)
- emergency housing (relating to domestic violence)
Advice & Outreach
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Abuse Advocacy
Young Women’s Advocacy (13 – 19 years)
This printable flyer lists all our Her Centre & DV Services.
Her Centre Celebrates Living Wage Commitment.
The Living Wage Foundation is pleased to announce that Her Centre has been accredited as a Living Wage Employer.
The Living Wage Foundation Director, Sarah Vero said: "We are delighted to welcome Her Centre to the Living Wage movement as an accredited employer.
London Healthy Workplace Charter.
The Her Centre received the London Healthy Workplace Award.
Her Centre is one of over fifty organisations that have met the standards to date. The Healthy Workplace Charter is the first pan-London framework that supports and recognises investment in staff health and wellbeing. The charter has been set up by the Mayor of London to recognise and reward employers for investing in workplace health and wellbeing.
For more information please see our most recent Newsletter and find us on Facebook and Twitter.
We are a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. As such, we are managed by a Board of Trustees, hold Annual General Meetings (AGMs) and produce an Annual Review and Annual Accounts that are public documents.
For hard copies of our Annual Accounts or Annual Review, or to enquire about our next AGM, please email us at email@example.com
Her Centre's Director Stacy Smith and Voluntary Worker Claire Platt were both interviewed by Greenwich Television and discussed about Her Centre's services.
Annual General Meeting: Change of Venue
We are pleased to invite you to the Annual General Meeting(AGM) of Her Centre, to be held on 22nd of February 2017, begining at 5.30pm at Woolwich Centre Gallery, SE18 6HQ.
Refreshments will be provided. In order to cater for the event, we would be grateful if you could indicate whether you are able to attend.
RSVP: Please respond by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We are generously funded by a variety of funders, including:
- Big Lottery (Reaching Communities Fund), whose 5-year grant funds one of our Domestic Violence Advocates and our Counsellor.
- Big Lottery, whose 3-year grant funds our joint young people’s project including our Young Women’s Advocate and Project Coordinator.
- Royal Borough of Greenwich, who part fund our Domestic and Sexual Violence Advocacy Service and our Equalities and Outreach work.
- Henry Smith Charity, who fund our Sexual Violence Worker.
- Lloyds TSB, Cabinet Office, Woolwich Riverside ward and donations from events and local schools.